iRecycle Regatta

The iRecycle Regatta will take place at the Madisonville City Park Pool on Tuesday, July 4. Registration starts at 8:30 am.  The races begin at 9 am.

Prize:  Winning Team Takes Home$250 Cash Prize, $500 Donation to Charity of Choice, Trophy

At least 70% of the materials used to build the watercraft must come from the waste stream (things that would normally be put in the recycling bin or trash).  The remaining 30% of the materials can be new (tape, etc.).

The race will take place at the Madisonville City Park swimming pool on Tuesday, July 4  Registration begins at 8:30 am and race begins at 9:00 am.  Based on enrollment, we will use the Double Elimination process for the race.

Rules:

  1. Only two (2) people per floatation device allowed. Four people per team.
  2. Qualifying watercraft can be no larger than 6’ x 12’.
  3. The watercraft must be propelled by human power.  This may include oars or pedals, but no motors.  Crew member must power their boat from inside or on top of the craft.  No pushing or pulling.  Swimming is not acceptable propulsion.
  4. Your choices are as wide as your imagination, but glass, kegs, wood, Styrofoam, scrap metal or anything toxic is not allowed.  Old floatation devices may not be used to construct your watercraft.  For instance, an old surfboard or boogie board cannot be used as the base for your recycled boat.
  5. If the body of the boat sinks completely below the surface of the pool, the participant will be disqualified.
  6. Each crew member must propel his/her watercraft across the pool two (2) times.  The fastest time wins.
  7. Everyone participating in this race must sign a liability waiver.
  8. No entry fee to participate.

Registration forms available HERE and the day of the race or call 270-824-2100.

RegattaiRegatta

Comments are closed.